Commercial Loan Calculator
Use this calculator to estimate your debt service coverage with a new commercial loan. If your debt service coverage is greater than 1.25, including your new loan payment, you have a good chance of being approved.
- Loan amount
- Total amount of your loan.
- Payment period in years.
- Interest rate
- Annual interest rate for this loan. Interest is calculated monthly on the current outstanding balance of your loan at 1/12 of the annual rate.
- New monthly payment
- Monthly payment for this loan.
- Annual Verifiable net income
- Your annual net income from IRS tax returns or other financial statements.
- Annual depreciation expense
- Since depreciation reduces your net income, but not your cash flow, we add back depreciation in calculating your total net cash income.
- Other non-cash charges
- Like depreciation, these are other non-cash charges to your net income that should be added back to calculate your total net cash income for the year.
- Real estate mortgage
- Your monthly payment for any real estate mortgages.
- Business line of credit
- Your monthly payment for any business lines of credit.
- Auto loans
- Your monthly payment for any auto loans.
- Credit cards
- Your monthly payment for any credit cards.
- Other loans
- Your monthly payment for any other outstanding loans.
- Monthly debt payments eliminated
- Enter the amount, if any, of the monthly obligations you entered above that will be paid off by this new loan
- Debt Service Coverage (DSC)
- The Debt Service Coverage (DSC) is determined by dividing the total annual net cash income by the total annual debt service. If you have a DSC of 1.25 or higher, there is a good chance that you will be approved for your loan.
* Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.